Doc Sara
Doc Sara, Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a dog and cat veterinarian with a lifetime of experience in our family veterinary hospital.
23511967

We have a kitten, maybe 4-5 weeks old.. yesterday he got

Customer Question

we have a kitten, maybe 4-5 weeks old.. yesterday he got trapped and i dont know what happened.. We found him and it was like he was all limp, eyes matted shut acting like he was blind and dying.. he slept all night.. this morning was wide awake, eating acting all normal.. all day long normal, playing, eating.. acting like a kitten.. then we put him in his kennel and went to get him out and again its like hes dead, he limp, eyes matted shut.. he breathing fine it looks like, its just hes all limp.. he lunges when you touch him, but you set him down on the floor he just falls over and lays there.. its like when his eyes get matted he does this.. i dont want to lose him.. we found him out in the middle of no where.. thank you
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Doc Sara replied 1 year ago.

Good morning - I'm Dr. Sara. I'm a licensed veterinarian who works exclusively with dogs and cats. I'm sorry to hear that your kitten hasn't been doing well.

I understand that you may no longer need our help, but I just logged on and see that your question is available. Please forgive the delay.

I'm very worried about your kitty based on what you're describing. It's possible that he could be having hypoglycemic episodes (low blood sugar), in which case applying karo or light corn syrup to his gums will help bring his blood sugar up.

Unfortunately since little babies don't have a great capacity to fight off diseases on their own, I would suggest that you have him to the vet as soon as you're able. I'm very concerned about what you're describing. Please let me know how he's doing today.

~Dr. Sara