Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

I took my cat to vet yesterday due to constant sneezing.

Customer Question

I took my cat to vet yesterday due to constant sneezing. They "assumed" as I did that she has upper respiratory infection. She's only been sneezing for 3 days and eats well and is not lethargic. But she keeps her mouth open like she's having to breathe through it and is still sneezing. They gave her a shot of antibiotics and some alergy pills (which do not help her). I'm terribly worried. She is up to date on all shots which were given at the correct age. She's only a year old and my Tiny (her name) baby and I'll be devastated if something happens. Is this normal, does the antibiotics take a few days in shot form, or is there something worse going on? Could it just be an allergen in my house (mildew,dust, cat litter dust etc) just irritating? I'm scared, please help.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

Has she had nasal discharge? What color? From both or one nostril?

Are her gums pink or pale/white?

Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count her breaths for 10 seconds + multiply by 6)?