Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

I have a 16 year neutered male cat who has recently decided

Customer Question

I have a 16 year neutered male cat who has recently decided to not poop in his litter box but still urinates in it no problem. This has bee going on for a couple of months now. He has a bowel movement every 18-24 hours and they are quite big...about 3 to 4x his normal size and very foul smelling. They are not loose or extra firm but there is quite a lot of hair in them. They are also not brown but light beige. He weighs 10.2 lbs and is pretty healthy otherwise. I feed him wet food...Friskies...2 cans a day, each can is 5.5 oz. He has a very healthy appetite. I am concerned that he is not using the box because he might be in pain. After he poops he runs around the house looking for a place to hide ....he looks frustrated and agitated, tail switching, etc. and if you pet him he growls. I can tell when he's about to poop because he freezes up...if I catch it I can pick him up and put him in the litter box and he will go. Any insight would be helpful.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

Did Cody's vet dispense any treatment for him?

Is this the same diet he has always had?

How often did he used to pass stool?

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. B.