Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.
13146597

I'm not sure if the dose of buprenex was successfully given.

Customer Question

I'm not sure if the dose of buprenex was successfully given. She moved right when I pushed the syringe and I couldn't tell if any went into her cheek pocket or all just went on her fur. The dosage says 12-24 hours but she seems to be in pain. (Interstitial cystitis). Is it safe to go ahead and give her another dose 4 1/2 Hrs later?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Whitehead replied 1 year ago.

Hello there. I am sorry to hear about Callie. I am happy to help you this evening. If it has been 4.5 hours already then it is perfectly safe to get her another dose of buprenex to help make her more comfortable. The worst side effect you might see is her being sleepy. So it is perfectly safe at this time if you are not sure if she got the whole dose or not.

I hope this helps and I hope this makes sense. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!