Jessica Gamauf
Jessica Gamauf,
Experience:  Associate veterinarian at Wynn Haven Animal Hospital
84113422

I have several cats that have scabs on their neck and down

Customer Question

I have several cats that have scabs on their neck and down their spine. All of them are indoors. But I recently brought in four kittens from a feral mother. All of my cats are from the feral mommies outside. I have had all of them spayed and neutered, the kittens are not old enough yet. Just one female and two overweight males have them the worst. I went to the vet and she is not sure what it is. I brought the female that has them the worse and she gave her a steroid shot. I keep hearing about ringworm? I am itching and I have little bumps and I scratch them and they bleed. The female I brought in also has an opened wound under her neck and blotches of hair missing. The kittens do not have any and the ones that do are constantly scratching. Help??!! Also my vet has thoroughly checked for fleas.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Jessica Gamauf replied 1 year ago.

Good evening! This sounds like awful for you and your kitties! I am Dr. Jessie and I'd be happy to try to help you and answer some questions. Reply so that I know you are still there!