Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

I bought a memory foam mattress infused with greet tea and

Customer Question

I bought a memory foam mattress infused with greet tea and seed oil it has a slight oily residue on sheets. is it safe for my cat to sleep on?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

This product is actually used for cats in homeopathic medicine. So ,yes, it is safe for your kitty to sleep on.

Read more here:

http://www.felinecrf.org/holistic_treatments.htm

http://www.charlesloopsdvm.com/supplements

I hope both of you get a great nights sleep.

Please let me know if you wish to discuss this further.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer positively as that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

If you need any additional information, just click reply and I will be here for you and your fur baby.. Rating will not cut off our communication. This question will always be open for you to reply to me.

Love,

Terri

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks for the reassurance - but, the first site does not mention green tea extract at all - and some negative comments about seed oils and the second only in passing that green tea may positively impact cancer - but only in too high of doses to be useful. Not sure how this answer is particularly helpful to me???? I consulted a vet, rather than rely on my own web search as I was hoping for a more informed answer to my question. Not feeling particularly reassured at this time!!
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

Green tea is used in cancer therapy in cats, hence it is safe.

You are not planning to have her ingest any of this so sleeping on the mattress would be considered very limited exposure.

In was just trying to assure you no harm would come to from lying on the mattress.

The second link does mention green tea.

Would you like me to opt out and see if one of my colleagues can help?

My main goal is you be happy with your answer.