Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 15 years of experience. I look forward to working with you. I apologize for the delay in an expert replying to you.
This sounds like Fred is experiencing an allergic reaction to one of the products, or he may have ingested the spray and it is causing some drooling. The spray is a pyrethrin-based products. Cats are super sensitive to this. If he is experiencing a toxicity then the drooling would progress to trembling/shaking/twitching which might start with his ears twitching and then progress to head/body shakes. If you see this, then two things. First, this is a medical emergency and you must proceed to your closest clinic right away. Second, if you cannot proceed right away, give him a bath. Try not to get hurt. But we have to get this product off of him ASAP. This really helps. If you can get him seen right now, then the veterinarian can do this bath for you (cats do not like baths, so having a professional do this can be safer). There is nothing over-the-counter that will counteract an allergic reaction. The only potential antidote we have is injectable at the ER vet.
I am not sure the ear mite product would cause any of these symptoms and am not as worried about this.
What frustrates me with these spray products is sometimes in fine print on the back, it will say something about these kind of toxic reactions. If you accidentally used the dog product, then there is a much higher chance this is an allergic reaction.
I am at a point I need to know what questions you have. We can continue our dialogue in this setting.
I hope that the information I provided has been helpful.
Please remember to select REPLY TO EXPERT if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer.
My goal is to provide the best answer possible prior to you leaving a feedback rating.
If you received all the information you needed, then kindly submit a rating.