petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in caring for dogs and cats.
21300550

My cat was diagnosed with pancreatic disease, likely cancer.

Customer Question

My cat was diagnosed with pancreatic disease, likely cancer. He had a bloated stomach and intestine. He was hospitalized and the bloat was medically treated and resolved. I have him home for 1 day and he seems to be bloating. I gave him the prescribed falmotodine this morning and metoclopramide.
Is there anything else I can do at this time??
I do have human adult gas x at home.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry that you have been waiting for a response. I recently just logged onto the site and noted that your question hasn't yet been answered. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years’ experience and would be happy work with you if you are still needing assistance.

Hopefully by now he is feeling a little better. Is he eating and having normal bowel movements?

Has there been any change since your original post?

Thanks and I will respond further after you reply. There may be a slight delay while I formulate and type a thorough response or I may be offline, but if so, I will respond as soon as I am able.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is eating and moving his bowels. He feels great this morning, and though the bloating is down, there is still some noted.
He always eats well, even last night when he had significant belly sounds and distention
I have given him his morning dose of falmotodine.
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the reply. Many cats with pancreatic disease will also have inflammed bowels as well which can lead to all sorts of symptoms, including bloating. There is no harm in using a human gas product like Gas-X as it is very safe and not absorbed into the bloodstream, but mainly acts in the gut itself. The average cat would take a 50 mg dose two to three times a day with meals.

Make sure to report this to your vet as they may want to make an adjustment in his meds or diet.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please reply so I can clarify for you.

Dr Z

Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Z.