Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience.
55012488

Cat nearly four years old usually is the fiesty one who does

Customer Question

Cat nearly four years old usually is the fiesty one who does not sit on laps etc. He plays frequently. Yesterday we came home from dinner noticed he was quiet and very affectionate. He even sat on my lap. He was very tired and drowsy on my lap. went to vet he checked him out was himself again vet said all good nothing wrong. We have two cats from same litter his brother has no issues. Today would not eat food. I dont know when he urinated last. All he does is sleep on me. not my cat at all in behaviour and food wise. I noticed they had been playing as there was fur on the floor. So why is my cat not okay??
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Your cat's symptoms of a behavior change and now anorexia and somnolence will require further attention by his vet who will now need to perform diagnostics in the form of blood and urine tests in an attempt to clarify why your cat's nonspecific symptoms have arisen. I know that you didn't come to the site to be told to bring your cat back to the vet. I regret that I can't be more specific for you. His symptoms are important but they're not pathognomonic (specifically indicative) of any one disorder.

Please respond with additional information and further questions or concerns if you wish.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?