Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of experience with domestic and exotic cats, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.
17018043

2 days ago, I inherited a very filthy, deeply matted cat

Customer Question

2 days ago, I inherited a very filthy, deeply matted cat (domestic short hair) that is 18 yrs old. Washing is not going to be enough, but this is no longer the big issue. Last night, I noted something new: hair loss near his hind leg and upon further inspection, saw an ulcer in the middle of the hair loss. This morning, a 2nd ulcer is starting and more hair loss around that. Can't take him to a vet until Monday. What can this be? I have very limited funds to spend on a vet.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.

Is TJ licking and biting at these ulcers? Are the surfaces of these ulcers dry or moist?

Dr. Dan