Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

My friend just called and her adult female cat appears to be

Customer Question

My friend just called and her adult female cat appears to be blind and today her back legs are not supporting her. She has spent a lot of time outside as she was a stray. She is inside tonight and is on my friends sofa, she has ate and drank. She is not hot.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

HI this is DRB and I will try and help you with your friends kitty. I am sorry to hear of her troubles. Cats can go acutely blindt and it is actually usually due to hypertension. The good news is that if hypertension is causing this then if your friend get's her to the vet fast, her blindness may be reversible. As far as why her legs may be not supporting her this could be due to several reasons. IF Loretta is diabetic then this can cause problems with her legs especially her back legs. Your friend needs to take her kitty to the vet and have a CBC, chemistry, T4, felv, fiv and urinalysis run. Also need to have her blood pressure checked.

Please let me know if you need further help. I check my computer each night and will get back to you with any questions or concerns you have.Most Sincerely, DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kristene,
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr B
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

HI this is DR B and I was checking in to see if you had any other questions. Please let me know if I can be of further help to you. Please accept my answer if you are happy with my service. Thank you very much. DRB