Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian
14018973

My outside cat is having a lot of drool from one side of s

Customer Question

Hi my outside cat is having a lot of drool from one side of his mouth. Sometimes it's not clear it had a tan tint to it. What do you think is going on with him and shoul I take him to the vet?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** and I've been a veterinarian for 15 years. How long has this drool been there? Is he licking more or keeping his mouth open a little more now? Is he still eating or drinking well?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He's been drooling for About a month or so. He not eating very much but that happens every summer with the heat. But he's not grooming himself very well.
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that information. With the duration that Tia has been going on, I would say a visit to the vet is a very good recommendation. I would be concerned here about progressed dental disease as a possible cause of this. Could there be a really bad / infected tooth that is causing pain and this drooling. Could there be a growth in the mouth that is causing this too? Those would be two very suspect situations. Something being stuck in the dentition can look similar too. Being right there to look in his mouth to see what that shows will most likely give the answer. Depending on what is found, then that opens up the treatment options. Hopefully it is a bad tooth that a dental prophylaxis will correct.