Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I have a cat that has a swollen right side of her face can't

Customer Question

I have a cat that has a swollen right side of her face can't breathe through her nose and is drooling out of her mouth she was sneezing previously and it seems like some type of cold what should I do
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:
How long as Lilly had a swollen face?
Any access to stinging insects or snakes?
Any discharge from her nose? What color?
How are her teeth? Any tarter or reddening of her gums?
Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count her breaths for 10 seconds + multiply by 6)?
Are her gums pink or pale/white?
Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, this will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the wee paper clip on the tool bar above your text box. Or if you cannot see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on an alternative site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.