Doc Sara
Doc Sara, Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a dog and cat veterinarian with a lifetime of experience in our family veterinary hospital.
23511967

Swollen eye lids runny eye

Customer Question

Swollen eye lids runny eye
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Doc Sara replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I'm Dr. Sara. You didn't say in your question but since this is in the Cat veterinary category I'm going to answer as if you're asking about a cat.

Swollen eyelids and runny eyes are characteristic of an eye infection. Sometimes these infections are viral and other times they are bacterial. Eye infections can cause significant discomfort and potentially, in a worst case scenario, loss of vision. My staff is trained to treat all eye problems as potential emergencies and get our patients to the hospital for an exam ASAP when owners call with eye troubles.

Until you get to the vet, you can use warm compresses and warm water to try to loosen up any crusts and to keep the area around the eyes clean.

Please let me know if I can answer any other specific questions for you today!

~Dr. Sara

Expert:  Doc Sara replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Doc Sara
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Minis eye is almost better I think it was a bug bite, swelling lasted until Sunday evening was a little runny this morning now looks great!
Expert:  Doc Sara replied 1 year ago.

That's absolutely fantastic! I'm glad to hear that she's feeling better :)

Let me know if I can ever help again, and if you found my info to be helpful please don't forget to give me a rating :)

Thanks!

~Dr. Sara