Dr. Alleyne
Dr. Alleyne, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinary Associate at Acres Mill Veterinary Clinic
87969507

My dog, Comet, has a tumor on her elbow. It is about the

Customer Question

My dog, Comet, has a tumor on her elbow. It is about the size of a tennis ball. We took her to the vet and at 15 years old, he said surgery would most likely only be an asset to his pocket and to ease my own mind. Okay. Well, after we go to the vet, and after him squeezing it and stuff, it flared up like a wildfire. It wasn't THAT bad for the last week. I was putting a homeopathic open wound healing medicine for animals on her- things actually seemed to be getting better! I wake up this morning and now it's as if the lumps insides are starting to ooze out of her... WHAT IS HAPPENING..?? I'm so scared, and I have no idea what to do. The vet isn't even open today. So, I put a human antibiotic cream on it and wrapped it up for now. PLEASE HELP... :(
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, she lives on an island in Canada. She swims in the salt water all the time, and she is very active. I believe that she has 2-3 years left. She's happy, eating, running, pooping, jumping, everything. The wound though...the wound...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She also has other little lumps on her body, some look cottage cheese like.. some don't this one is just massive..
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian. I am hoping to help you with your dog Comet today. How long has the mass been there for? Did your veterinarian tell you what he may have thought the tumor may be?

Hi Haley,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Comet. How is everything going?
Dwight Alleyne