Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My 2 year old female cat is urinating in two specific spots

Customer Question

Good morning, My 2 year old female cat is urinating in two specific spots and neither are the cat box. I recently was able to view the urine, It is a rust color. I did not collect a sample as of yet, but plan to. she is a thin cat that has a low appetite and doesn't drink much water. she chews on all things plastic. she loves to chew on bread bag etc.. her stools are small hard pebbles all of the time. We adopted from the SPCA, the only Hx we have is that she was found on the street.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
Does she use the box for feces?
Where in the house is she going? By doors, windows, or any portals to the outside world?
Does she seem to go more often and/or pass small volumes of urine?
Are her gums pink or pale/white? Are they the same shade as your other cat?
Is she on wet or dry food?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she uses the box for feces. She is urinating on same section of living room couch. and in the basement on a guest bed. she doesn't go more than once in 24 hours. volume is more than 50cc. I will have to check her gums. she eats mostly dry food. she only likes juice from wet food.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you,
If you can check that, that would be grand.
Any changes at home as of late (ie new people, pets, neighborhood cats, furniture, changes in routine, etc)?