Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

Will Thiamine injections sub q at .30 sting a cat? Should I

Customer Question

Will Thiamine injections sub q at .30 sting a cat? Should I mix with LRS? Was prescribed by doctor. Seemed to me that it stung like crazy.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
Thiamine injections are one of those injections that sting when administered in any species. So, it will sting just as much for Myra as it did for you. Therefore, you can certainly dilute this with LRS to reduce the pure concentration at the injection site but I would just warn that it is unlikely to totally reduce that sting. So, do be prepared for her to be a bit irritated afterwards and consider a cool compress to reduce the sting afterwards.
I hope this information is helpful.
If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!
All the best, *****
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )