Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Thank you with me. I have adopted 2 kittens around 2-3

Customer Question

Good evening Dr. Gary. Thank you for talking with me. I have adopted 2 kittens around 2-3 months old but they weren't litter mates. One is male, the other is female, both spayed and neutered. How will I know when the rough play is still just play or if it is time to react? Also, my male kitten has nipped me a couple of times. Is that normal?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am afraid that the expert you have requested is not currently available. Still I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
Does either kitten become distressed during play or try to run away from the other?
When you have been nipped, what had been going on? Had you been playing with them? Or were they cuddling with you?