Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.
13146597

My cat has not eaten or drank anything all day today, he

Customer Question

my cat has not eaten or drank anything all day today, he also will not move from his spot in the corner in my bedroom, he has sat there all day today, he even growls and hisses but not directed at anyone, its more like hes irritated or in pain, he is about 3-4 years old, he weighs 25-30 pounds, since this morning he has not urinated or produced any feces, his urine is clean and yellow, his feces looks normal and solid, no blood in them. yesterday he was completely fine and happy but we wake up and all hell breaks loose, please tell me what is possibly wrong with my cat.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Whitehead replied 1 year ago.

Hello there. I am sorry to hear about your kitty and I am sorry he is not feeling well. With his age and his clinical signs he definitely needs to be checked out by a vet tonight. He should not be this uncomfortable and he should not be this inactive. This is a sign that something is going on that needs to be addressed. We worry about things such as him being blocked and not being able to urinate which is very painful and is life threatening, we worry about him being constipated where he can't poop, we worry about him having something stuck in his intestines that isn't suppose to be there. Also possible some kind of injury or infection that is causing pain or discomfort. Since he has been like this all day I strongly recommend having him seen tonight so he can be examined and treated as necessary. All of these things can come on suddenly and can be life threatening if left alone to long. I am afraid if you wait until morning to be seen that things can progress to a point where treatment may not be successful.

I hope this helps and I hope this makes sense. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!