Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience.
55012488

I have an elderly cat who is losing weight and is ravenous.

Customer Question

I have an elderly cat who is losing weight and is ravenous. CBC, CMP, thyroid, glucose and pancreatic (TPI) is normal. Suggested next test is a ct or mri of brain. He is happy in every
other way. Do you have any rule out thoughts.
Many Thanks,
Dorothy
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

Dorothy, can you upload a copy of his test results to our conversation? I understand that you might not have a copy of the results at home but his vet should be able to give you one which you could scan into your computer and give me the link or you can photograph the page(s) and upload the images by using the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (not if you're using the chrome browser) or by using an external app such as imgur.com or dropbox.com. Underdiagnosed hyperthyroidism is the most common finding in these cats.