Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Cat is lethargic, eyes dilated and pain in stomach area one

Customer Question

cat is lethargic, eyes dilated and pain in stomach area one night, ok for next 24 hours. cat is again lethargic with dilated eyes and pain in stomach area.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she just puked up the water she had drank this evening. water is the only thing that has gone down the evening
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I'm sorry about the long wait. I just logged on and saw this.

With vomiting, dilated pupils and abdominal pain, I would want to get some bloodwork on her. This is to rule out kidney and liver disease. I would also consider x-rays if she is one to eat things- that would be to rule out a foreign body obstruction.

The vomiting and abdominal pain can be seen commonly with obstructions, pancreatitis and kidney infections. The dilated pupils are a sign of stress in a cat, so that doesn't worry me too much. It's expected with whatever else is going on. I wish I could tell you for sure, but even after the exam we'll typically need some diagnostics to figure these guys out.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.