Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.
13146597

My cat has been lethargic since Wed. Am. Threw up first meal

Customer Question

My cat has been lethargic since Wed. Am. Threw up first meal of the dayCried all morning not eating all day today. No bowel movement but pees, what to do?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Whitehead replied 1 year ago.

Hello there. I am sorry to hear Lenny is not feeling well. I am happy to help you this evening. With him being lethargic and vomiting and not wanting to eat he really needs to be seen by your vet. With his age he should be examined and get blood work done to make sure nothing is going on with his kidneys or that he does not have any sort of infection that is causing this. With stuff like this the quicker these diseases or infections are diagnosed the easier treatment can be started and faster he is going to be feeling better and better chances of getting him to feel better. I would have him seen tomorrow at the latest. Tonight make sure he has water available. I would hold off on food though since her vomited until you know what is going on so he does not vomit more tonight and get dehydrated.

I hope this helps and I hope this makes sense. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!