Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My cat spent last night in hospital blockage. Got m

Customer Question

My cat spent last night in hospital for urinary blockage. Got him unblocked. Diagnosis was crystals, treatment is special diet. While in hospital he had antibiotics, steroids, pain meds. I got him home this afternoon. I just noticed one of his pupils is bigger than the other. He's 8 years old, neutered make. Indoors only. Could uneven pupils be caused by meds?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just occurred to me - we have 3 other cats. I guess Emerson smells very strange because they have been hissing at him and growling since he came home. I suppose it's possible - tho unlikely - that one of them scratched him and injured his eye.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think one eye is a but weepy. And I may see a small abrasion on the lower lid. I thinking he may have picked up an infection or may be injured. Do you agree? My big fear is stroke or brain injury.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:
Which antibiotics and pain meds were used?
If you shine a very bright light in the eyes, does the larger one respond and constrict the pupil?
Does the eye look cloudy inside or on the clear corneal cover?
Can he see with that eye?
Is the 3rd eye lid up in this eye as well?
Do you think he can see with this eye?
Does Emerson have any other health issues?
Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, this will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the wee paper clip on the tool bar above your text box. Or if you cannot see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on an alternative site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.