Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My kitten about six months old has bad breath and won't

Customer Question

My kitten about six months old has bad breath and won't drink... I think it's pravo. She is losing weight and lethargic. We had one die two days ago with the same symptoms.
What can I do? I force water down her with a syringe.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is very very urgent!!!!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry Blacky is not feeling well.
Rub a drop of pancake syrup or honey into her gums in case she is hypoglycemic.
Drain the water from a can of tuna into a bowl and see if she will lap it up for hydration. If she does offer the tuna.
get a jar of baby food chicken or turkey with no onion or garlic.
Warm it to bring out the aroma. You can add a tablespoon of warm water to dilute it and feed with a dropper. Put it n the side of her mouth where there is a space between her teeth.
Please let me know how she is doing. Just press reply and I will be here for you.
Love,'
Terri
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
purrfectkitty
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Blacky and Snoopy died before I got an answer. Then the next day two more kitten came down with it and I took them to the vets. It cost me $105 but they are still alive and striving.
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.
I am so sorry you lost Blacky and Snoopy. What a tragedy!
How are the two you took to the vet doing?