Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My cat was diagnosed with cancer when they did the needle

Customer Question

My cat was diagnosed with cancer when they did the needle biopsies the first result came back inconclusive, the second biopsy came back with a couple of cells (strings) She underwent surgery today they removed the lesion. The vet said there could be a few "strings" left. The entire lesion was sent for a biopsy. We should have the results in a week.I guess I would like to know what kind of a cancer you think it is? I assume chemo is the next step. The cat is basically healthy eats drinks plays the lump that was removed was discovered 3 weeks ago. I like to add that the size of the lump shrunk considerably after 2 courses of antibiotics.given over the last 3 weeks. What do you advise and can holistic cures given in conjunction with chemo help?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry that you have been waiting for a response. I recently just logged onto the site and noted that your question hasn't yet been answered. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years’ experience and would be happy work with you if you are still needing assistance.
Could you tell me where the lesion was on her body? How long was it present and did it grow quickly?
......
Do you have the needle aspirate results that you can attach? It is critical to know what cell type we are working with.
......
Why was a cancerous lesion treated with antibiotics? Was it infected?
...
Thanks and I will respond further after you reply. There may be a slight delay while I formulate and type a thorough response or I may be offline, but if so, I will respond as soon as I am able.