Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My cat's toe was swollen and then it began to bleed. We

Customer Question

My cat's toe was swollen and then it began to bleed. We cleaned it and it looked like it was beginning to heal but then today she yelped in pain and it looked as if it has spread open and began bleeding a lot again. It is on the top of her foot where the blood is coming out and she has an appointment with a vet to be neutured this Friday
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We also contacted 2 vets, one sad it did not seem like an emergency, while the other stated that it could be an ingrown nail causing the problem. Taurus Sage will not allow us to do much of anything to the would since it reopened last night. She was fine but yelped in pain and thats when we saw the bleeding, We believe that she might have been cleaning the wound and stretched her toes to far which caused the wound to reopen. We appreciate all of your help.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:
How old is she?
You said it was on top of the toe, so does it look like its above the nail (either on this toe or using another toenail as a basis of location comparison)?
Any odor or pus from this?
Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the paper clip on the tool bar. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web address here for me to have a peek.