Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I have an old cat (approx 15+) who is losing weight and

Customer Question

I have an old cat (approx 15+) who is losing weight and cries all the time. He follows me into the kitchen all the time hoping I will give him something to eat. He acts like he is starving. He was kindof throwing up brownish stuff, but now it is clear and runny. The other day I saw him stumble, his legs wouldn't hold him and he fell on his side. I looked like a stroke to me. I want to know if he is in pain...
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.
There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

1- How long has this been going on?

2- Is he drinking more than usual?

3- How often is he vomiting?