petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in caring for dogs and cats.
21300550

My 14 year old Egyptian Mau Shahara Zahd (Zoo) has has TWO

Customer Question

My 14 year old Egyptian Mau Shahara Zahd (Zoo) has has TWO seizures, then possibly a third. The first two she cried out, and wet the bed. She has been tired and has had some difficulty breathing. She has also had a cough since she was about 3 1/2, and it has gotten worse, however is not bad all day long. Her appetite is fine, she drinks a LOT of water and seems to drink more and more lately. Her ears have been itchy from time to time.
4 years ago Zoo broke a bone in her ankle. After surgery, and $3000, 5 months and casts, she recovered completely. She hasn't had a sick day since.
I used to feed her mostly dry cat food, expensive brands. I gave her Pro Plan canned. She fell in love with Whiskas "treats." Lately she has bullied me for them and has mostly eaten them exclusively for the past 3 years. I know that's terrible and I have stopped it (she is angry). I give her expensive broth cat good from the grocery, I also give her various cans of food, I used to give her tuna from cans.
I NEED HELP
I think she might have something causing her to caugh more. She might have thyroid issues and/or heart issues. I think she is bloated. Tonight I gave her 1/3 of my hydrochloroth pill to get rid of water. I think she might need propranolol or phenobarbital. I need to speak to you. I need written scripts. I have a transportation problem. I can get Petmeds online if you call them in.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been waiting a LONG LONG time. Are you real? Please get back to me. I am supposed to pay you another $35 for PEOMPT service. This is not prompt and it's not 8 minutes.
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry that you have been waiting for a response. I recently just logged onto the site and noted that your question hasn't yet been answered. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years’ experience and would be happy work with you if you are still needing assistance.
Based on the symptoms that you describe with Zoo, it is best that you have her evaluated by a veterinarian in person. A thorough physical exam needs to be completed in order to accurately determine the cause of her cough and difficulty breathing. These are not signs that should be ta***** *****ghtly as they can be indicators of serious disease. As can the increase in water intake which could signal things like diabetes or kidney disease.
This is really not the forum to offer her best care as she needs the one on one evaluation of a vet who can have a hands on examination. On top of that, veterinarians are not allowed to prescribe any medications for a pet that they have not physically seen, especially a controlled substance like phenobarbital. I am sorry that you are having transportation problems, but perhaps you could have a friend or family member help you out by transporting her to the vet and you could talk to them on the phone or you could seek services of a house call vet. This would be in Zoo's best interest.
I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please reply so I can clarify for you.
Dr Z