petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in caring for dogs and cats.
21300550

Ear mites or ear infection .puppy sore and cries.3 mth old.

Customer Question

ear mites or ear infection .puppy sore and cries.3 mth old. been using ear mite and flushing vinegar and distilled water. can she have baby Tylenol. how much.i changed to natural food for them. momma is 2 yr. plez help
Submitted: 1 year ago via Dog-Health-Guide.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years experience and would be happy work with you.

I would not recommend that you use tylenol at any strength in a puppy of this age. Ear mites and the secondary infections with bacteria and/or yeast that occur because of the inflammation need ear medications designed to treat these kind of infections and decrease the inflammatory response. These would need to be prescribed by your veterinarian. Ear infections can be very painful, and I would not continue to use the vinegar as it most likely burn when it contacts those inflammed ears. Your best course of action would be to have your veterinarian prescribe the appropriate medication for the ears plus/minus additional pain medication for a pup of that age.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please reply so I can clarify for you.

Dr Z