petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in caring for dogs and cats.
21300550

My cat had her first rabies shot a year ago, but was give a

Customer Question

My cat had her first rabies shot a year ago, but was give a booster in October because she might have been attacked by something. My question is if I should get her a rabies shot this year or wait the three years
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years experience and would be happy work with you.

After the initial vaccine is given and a 3 year booster is given anytime after approximately 14 days later than the initial one (even if it was given early), the booster would be expected to last 3 years if it was labelled as such and if three year rabies vaccines are allowed in your municipality. If your vet is offering 3 year vaccines, I would expect that to be true.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please reply so I can clarify for you.

Dr Z