Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I have a 9 year old cat that is way overweight and I can't

Customer Question

I have a 9 year old cat that is way overweight and I can't get her to loose weight. in addition to that she is not using the litterbox at all. help
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
Is Yenta refusing the litter box for both stool and urine?
How long has she been doing this for?
What does her stool look like (ie loose, hard, diarrhea)?
Is she passing more urine lately? Is it dilute/watery? Does she only pass small volumes more often?
Where is she toileting?
Any changes at home (ie new cats, people, changes in routine, renovations, babies, cats in the neighborhood?
In regards ***** ***** weight, what are you feeding?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yenta is refusing to use the litterbox for both urine and feces. This has just started in the last month. She will just stop and eliminate in the middle of the living room while we are watching.Her stool looks normal. There are no new anything in our home or neighborhood. She has always been an inside cat. As far as what she is eating I feed her science diet healthy weight
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please send me an answer
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,
Can you tell me about her urine output? Is she passing more, less, or the same as usual? Any change in the color or odor?