Dr. Gene
Dr. Gene, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM degree from Ontario Veterinary College
20949193

Gene. I spoke with you last night about my leo. I monitored

Customer Question

Hi Dr. Gene. I spoke with you last night about my leo. I monitored him last night and this morning so far no gagging just not going to the litter box. I don't believe he has pooped since yesterday morning. He seems like he wants to go but he can't. He
peeded outside the box 2 times since lady night. I have made an appointment for tomorrow morning with the vet hospital. Should i monitor him to see if there are any other symptoms to advise the doctor of.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gene replied 1 year ago.

Hello again.

This sounds serious enough to warrant attention today, I think. If he is having difficulty urinating, it could turn into a blockage very quickly. It is hard to tell if he's having difficulty defecating or urinating at this point but urinary blockage is by far more serious. I think taking him in today is best and there is really nothing to watch for other than his ability to urinate. If he is able to urinate even a little bit, even if it is outside the box, then you still have time. However, the sooner this is taken care of, the better the outcome usually. Also, remember that cats that have difficult time urinating are typically in pain so this should be a factor too.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Dr. Gene. I asked you a couple of days ago about my cat Leo and that he wasn't feeling well. Apparently he ate some plant and that's what caused the gagging. But blood test was done and he is fine except his Triglyceride level is high. He needs a diet. Question though would the high level and the toxic make him more tired. And how long before he gets back to normal. The doctor wants me to make sure he doesn't vomit gag or have diaherra
Expert:  Dr. Gene replied 1 year ago.
Hello again, sorry for such a delay!
I'm glad nothing more serious was found but I would expect there to be a relatively short recovery time after ingestion of a toxic plant (depending of course on specific type). If it's been more that a few days and Leo is still not feeling well, I would be concerned that something else, yet undiscovered, is going on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He seems to be good now. He's going back to normal. I think it was a scared factor. I think he thought he was going back to the doctor so being under the bad is his safe place. I found the plant he ingestef and it was a couple of leaves missing. He seems good now he's getting back intonhis routine.