Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience.
55012488

I have the twin sister also not sick though.I can't

Customer Question

I have the twin sister also not sick though.I can't afford a v et Home Remedy please
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 1 year ago.

Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 15 years of experience. I look forward to working with you.

I might need a bit more information to be able to help you. For what are you searching for a home remedy?

How long has your cat had this problem, and please tell me all symptoms and other medications/treatments you have already tried.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 1 year ago.

Since I am not available for a phone call, I will opt out and see if another expert is available.

Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner and I regret that I'm not allowed to correspond with you by phone. I reviewed your conversation with Dr. Joey in which she gave you excellent information concerning your kitten. I want to add that most kittens will remiss unaided within 7-21 days from this respiratory infections. Unvaccinated kittens, however, are more likely to exhibit more severe signs of infection such as severe conjunctivitis, rhinitis (inflammation of the inside of the nose), anorexia, and fever.
You're limited to what you can do with home remedies. Saline nasal drops available over the counter at your local pharmacy can be instilled into each upturned nostril every few hours which will help loosen secretions and facilitate breathing; forced feeding with an eyedropper full of a kitten food gruel should be considered if she's not eating. You can also administer a fluid/electrolyte solution in that manner such as Pedialyte (or generics). Her daily requirement approximates one ounce of fluid per pound of body weight which is nigh impossible to give orally but every little bit helps. Avoid decongestants in cats; they don't react well to those drugs which are difficult to dose down appropriately for such a small kitten.
Please continue our conversation if you wish.