Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My cat was peeing everywhere. I took a.urine sample to the

Customer Question

My cat was peeing everywhere. I took a.urine sample to the vet.they said she. had an infection and gave me Amoxicillin andClavulanate Potassium. 200MG/28.5 MG per 5 ML.1 1/2 cc twice a day for 7 days. Took it all,but still peeking on floor.is there a home remedy? Can't afford to go to vet all the time.I'm already dealing with a diabetic cat.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you and Bandit today. I'm a veterinarian with over 25 years experience and would be happy to work with you, but need a bit more information in order to better assist you if you don't mind.
Do you know what they saw in the blood sample that made them think it was due to infection?
What type of food does Bandit eat?
Does she seem uncomfortable when passing urine is is she going frequently in small amounts?
How many cats do you have total? How many litter boxes total?
Is Bandit an indoor only cat or is she allowed outdoors as well.
Thanks and I will respond further after you reply. There may be a slight delay while I formulate and type a thorough response or I may be offline, but if so, I will respond as soon as I am able.