Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of experience in small animal internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

My 12 year old cat walks like he has arthritis, he weighs

Customer Question

My 12 year old cat walks like he has arthritis, he weighs about 16 lbs. what can I give him
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today.

Friend, of the over the counter anti inflammatory medications like tylenol, ibuprofen, etc. they are all toxic to cats and should not be given. You can start Cody on a supplement called Cosequin (glucosamine) long term; give at label dose. You can buy cosequin in your local pet store or online. For anti inflammatory medications he will need to be seen by family veterinarian for prescription medications that are only available through a veterinarian.

Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!