Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

My cat has what looks like either flea dermatitis or two

Customer Question

my cat has what looks like either flea dermatitis or two open sores on her head can I use hydrogen peroxide or neosporin
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i need the info now or forgot it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if you cannot get back to me in the next 10 minutes cancel the question it is urgent
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.
I appreciate it has been 14 minutes longer then your note in your last post, but I did still want to try to help you despite the delay in a vet being available. In regards ***** ***** question, that is absolutely fine to use. The only caveat is to avoid using any Neosporin that contains a numbing agent, since they are not cat friendly. Otherwise, once you apply it, you will either need to place an e-collar or distract (ie feed, play) her while it is absorbing. This will avoid her licking these right back off before they can do any good and also avoid her spreading bacteria filled saliva on the wounds.
Otherwise, if you suspect flea allergy dermatitis, then you will want to make sure she is up to date on flea medication and can consider using an antihistamine (ie Cetirizine 5mg once daily) to reduce the allergic itchiness associated with this condition.
Please take care,
Dr. B.