Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My cat threw up Monday about 10 times within one hour, we

Customer Question

My cat threw up Monday about 10 times within one hour, we went to see a vet and they took xrays. There was something in his stomach which was a little bigger than a hairball, we were send home and were told that we either can come back for xrays or watch for clinical signs. So far he has not thrown up again, he is poeing and pooped this morning. However the wet food I offered him the morning he would barely touch, typically he would it it. Not sure what I should do. He does not seem that he is in pain or not feeling well.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
Is his belly comfortable if you press on it?
Was the stool he passed normal?
Is he drinking at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
belly is fine, stool has passed normal and he is drinking
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you,
Now situations like this are always precarious ones, since we cannot predict what that foreign body is going to do. And as long as it sits in his stomach, we can see nausea put him off his food.
Just since you didn't mention it, did his vet start him on any nausea treatments?