Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

We live in country. Our outside cat has severly injured s

Customer Question

We live in country. Our outside cat has severly injured his back foot. The pad on the back right paw is partially gone. Nasty cut on top of this foot. Happened some time between Sunday and late Monday night. We finally got a good look at this morning. I did get him to finally eat last night and this morning. He adopted us. He is probably some between 7 to 8 years of age. He has never been to vet. He will sleep in bed in our home but I have to stay with him. Unsure what to do.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr.D replied 1 year ago.

Hello there,I am DrD , I will try to answer your question, Add 9 grams of table salt into a liter of water and boil it. When it is cooled down clean the foot wit a pieace of gauze or cotton soaked into this water.Than apply an antibiotic ointment if you have and wrap it with a clean gauze.After this first aid please take the cat to the vet for a proper attention.