Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I have an 11 year old malayan Persian cat. He is

Customer Question

I have an 11 year old Himalayan Persian cat. He is experiencing some of the factors of trying to bring something up but cannot. He is on a heart medication (Atenolol). This comes and goes/
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This happened only after he had eaten some of that regular food. It has not happened since we got rid of the food.
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 1 year ago.

Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 15 years of experience. I look forward to working with you.

I might need a bit more information in order to get you the best answer possible:

1)Is the atenolol a new medication for him, or has he been on this a while?

2)What do you mean by "since we got rid of the food"? (was there old/spoiled food available or did you change his diet?)

3)Is the behavior a crouch and vomit or heave; or is he coughing?

4) Any changes in appetite or stool issues (constipation versus diarrhea)? Or any other health problems.

Thank you for answer my questions.