Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

How can I get my new kitten from trying to nurse from my

Customer Question

Hi I am Tammie. How can I get my new kitten from trying to nurse from my puppy. The kitten has made a fested looking spot on my puppy. My kitten gets plenty to eat and I got him some kitten milk. I am at a loss. And, yes, I am teaching my puppy to get up. please help. And as they have played my puppy has drug him by his ears which I saw and now his hair poor little ears has lost some of it hair. Please help...
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

Hi this is DRB and I would be happy Tammie to help you with this. Unfortunately this is a rather common problem and the only way to stop the behavior is to separate the two of them until the kitten gets a little older. It is ok for them to be together when you can directly supervise them. I have personally dealt with this with my own pets. When the kitten gets older then he/she will stop this behavior but if you let it continue then it can continue for months because it becomes a bad behavior. This is tough I know, but the only sure way to knock this behavior out. Please let me know if you have more questions. I will be back on the site tomorrow night. Best, DrB PS If you still want a phone call I can call you tomorrow evening for an additional fee. Let me know. Sincerely, DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tammie,
Just checking back in with you. I will check back with you tonight to see if you have any further questions or concerns.
Sincerely, DRB