petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in caring for dogs and cats.
21300550

My cat is 15 years totally in door cat, one cat house, she

Customer Question

my cat is 15 years totally in door cat, one cat house, she has been vomiting almost daily recently and gaining weight. feeding her mostly Iams wet and Purina dry for sentive stomach. also feeding her piece of cheese each morning. could the cheese be causing the vomiting?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years experience and would be happy work with you. Many cats do not have the ability to digest dairy ingredients, so the first thing to do is to stop the cheese and see if the vomiting improves. There are very many reasons why cats vomit so if the vomiting continues, I would definitely seek veterinary intervention for a thorough physical exam and perhaps some bloodwork. The fact that she is gaining weight in spite of the vomiting is a positive sign as most more serious diseases will lead to weight loss. I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please reply so I can clarify for you.Dr Z