Dr. Matt
Dr. Matt, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM -13 years experience in feline medicine and surgery.
58825837

2 months ago my cat had a serious seisure. yester he threw

Customer Question

2 months ago my cat had a serious seisure. yester he threw up all day plus urinating on floor and pooping on floor, TThis is not like him he is a very neat cat.today he has not moved but a few inches, He did drink a small amount of water and threw that up It looked like small amount of a milky substance. help!
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello - I am Dr. Matt - I would be glad to help you with your question.
Has Mickey eaten anything out of the ordinary that you know of such as string or ribbon?
Is he having any diarrhea?
Does he seem uncomfortable when you squeeze his belly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no diareah i gave him friskies shreds last meal yes it is painfull for him to be moved
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please help?
Expert:  Dr. Matt replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the reply. I am very sorry to hear that Mickey is not feeling well. His symptoms are concerning since he is uncomfortable and vomiting so much. Without examining him, giving you an exact diagnosis is going to be difficult though I can tell you some of the more common disorders that could be causing his symptoms: - Ingesting something out of the ordinary that has caused an upset stomach- Eating a foreign object that has become stuck in his stomach or his intestines- Pancreatitis which is an inflammatory disorder of the pancreas which can make cats quite uncomfortable- An organ disorder such as kidney or liver disease- A viral or bacterial infection in his stomach/intestines- A urinary tract obstruction though most of these cats cannot produce any urine at all At this point, the best way to help him would be to take him to a vet right away. I do understand that you are not able to do that tonight since you do not have a car or anyone to help you. Home care treatments are not honestly the best way to help him since he is painful though I can give you some suggestions to try: You can offer him some low sodium chicken broth or pedialyte to drink. Only give him very small amounts such as 5-10 ml every hour. This will help hydrate him but hopefully not upset his stomach to the point where he vomits it right back up.You can also give some pepcid AC to help with the stomach discomfort. This is very safe and virtually has no side effects. I would give him 2.5 mg every 24 hours. This medication usually comes in 10 mg per tablet. Hopefully you have this medication at home as I understand you are not able to get to a store to get any. Overall, hydration is the most important thing to focus on tonight. If he continues to vomit or seems more uncomfortable, then I honestly would try everything you can to have a neighbor help you to get him to a vet for more help.Hope this helps to answer your question - if not or if you have any more questions please feel free to reply.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my cat died.
Expert:  Dr. Matt replied 1 year ago.
I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved Mickey. This is definitely a very difficult time for you and your family. In Deepest Sympathy,Dr. Matt