Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My cat is lethargic and the very tip of his tongue is hanging

Customer Question

My cat is lethargic and the very tip of his tongue is hanging out. when i pick him up he's as if he's like a limp rag He usually bites me. spit is hanging off his tongue
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you. 1- Is he strictly indoors? 2- How long has this been going on? 3- Is he walking? 4- Did he get into anything or eat something out of the ordinary? 5- Any vomiting, diarrhea or coughing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes he's indoors but a couple of times like last night he stayed out for a couple of hours before I could find him. He's black
I just noticed him acting like this when I got home an hour ago
Yes, he's walking
He could have
No, I see no signs of vomiting diarrrhea or coughing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
MY can is going to die because of your stupid worthless website.
You better not even tAKE ONE PENNY OUT OF MY CREDIT CARD OR i WILL SHUT YOU DOWN
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
1- Is he urinating? 2- Any other symptoms? 3- Can you take a look at his gums and see if they are pink or pale? 5- Can you take his rectal temperature?