Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I have a 5 year old female Oci-Cat. She weights between 5-7

Customer Question

I have a 5 year old female Oci-Cat. She weights between 5-7 lbs. I took her to our veterinarian and found that she had an intestinal infection that was resolved by giving her Orbax for 7 days. The vet also changed her dry Buffalo Wilderness Indoor food as she was prescribed needing more fiber. The product recommended was Hill Prescription Diet Digestive Weight Management. Both the Blue Buffalo and Hills Diet food causes her to vomit almost every meal. Although she uses a litter box she often poops on the carpets. We clean the box multiple times a day but still no relief. Jan Clyde, San Juan Capistrano
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Camille and I’m a moderator for this topic. We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of our Experts? Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question. Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal. Thank you, Camille~Moderator
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, we still need help on the original question.
Thank you, ***** ***** continue to look for an Expert to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.
Best,
Camille-Moderator
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry that you have been waiting for a response. I recently just logged onto the site and noted that your question hasn't yet been answered. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years’ experience and would be happy work with you if you are still needing assistance.
Can you tell me how the veterinarian diagnosed the intestinal infection?
Was there any testing performed?
Are the stools consistently formed?
How many litter boxes do you have?
Thanks and I will respond further after you reply. There may be a slight delay while I formulate and type a thorough response or I may be offline, but if so, I will respond as soon as I am able.