Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Last night I heard a bang and a very loud meow from one of

Customer Question

Last night I heard a bang and a very loud meow from one of my kittens (about 5 months old). It appears that somehow she injured one of her back legs. After a couple of minutes, she calmed down. This morning she walks, but is unable to put much weight on that leg. It doesn't appear to be broken. She is eating and even managed to walk to her bowl of food and use the litter box. I'm keeping her confined so that she will rest it as much as possible. I really don't have the extra money for xrays if they're not necessary. Do you thing, in time and lots of rest, that it will heal itself? Is there anything else I can do to determine if she really needs to be seen by a vet?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am afraid that the expert you have requested is not currently available. Still I am Dr.B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today. Do you think she is progressively putting more weight on the foot?Can you confirm she isn't dragging it, that it is appearing shorter then the other (as if it cannot touch the ground), or any bony crunching or instability in the bone when you palpate her leg?