Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My cats is 21 years old, Persian, blind and recently deaf,

Customer Question

My cats is 21 years old, Persian, blind and recently deaf, within the pas two hours his ear has puffed up 2 to 3 times normal size and pinkish inside, can't touch it. outer ear is flopped down and he is shaking his head and scratching. doesn't want me to hold him, but he hasn't for several months just old. And he walks in circles all of the time.
Submitted: 1 year ago via Dog-Health-Guide.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me: Does this look like a small water balloon on his ear?Had he been shaking his head and scratching before this appeared?Does he have any inflammation, redness or discharge within the ear itself? Did the circling only just start? Is it to one particular direction? Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the paperclip on the tool bar. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web address here for me to have a peek.