Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I came home about an hour ago and my cat had vomited and had

Customer Question

I came home about an hour ago and my cat had vomited and had a little bit of diarrhea. She was eating this morning and acting fine, but now she is hiding in a closet. She was hanging out with me for about 20 minutes and didn't seem too out of it. Should I take her to the kitty ER or do you think she'll be ok? I changed their food yesterday, so maybe that could be it? I'm worried. Thanks for any help.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me: Has she eaten since vomiting? Can she keep water down?What did her vomt and diarrhea look like? Any blood?Are her gums nice and pink (not white/pale)? Moist or sticky?If you press on her belly, does she have any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?Could she have eaten anything she should not have (ie bones, string, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?Did you wean her onto the new diet or just change it cold turkey?