Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience.
55012488

Adult female fixed 3 years old weightloss severe some hair

Customer Question

Adult female fixed 3 years old weightloss severe some hair loss some los of activity
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Her litter mate male fixed weights 23lbs. Super healthy nothing slows him down.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1-***-***-**** Janet Cranor
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner and I regret that I'm not allowed to use the phone when corresponding with customers. Severe weight loss and hair loss are important symptoms but they're not pathognomonic of any one disorder. Such a presentation indicates a thorough physical exam including diagnostics in the form of blood and urine tests and imaging in the form of X-rays or ultrasound. I understand that you didn't come to the site to be told to bring your cat to his vet but I, too, would need to examine Thunder in the manner in which I described above in order to clarify what's going on with him. Please respond with additional information and further questions or concerns if you wish.