Dr. Drew
Dr. Drew, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small Animal Medicine and Surgery
6340741

Our cat is very lethargic has and is licking himself every

Customer Question

Our cat is very lethargic has and is licking himself every time he goes to the bathroom.
He's been in his litter box several times today but hasn't really urninated.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Drew replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am a licensed veterinarian and I'll be happy to help you. I don't mean to alarm you, but the signs you are describing make me quite worried that this cat may have a urinary tract blockage. This is a common problem in male cats, and it IS a medical emergency, meaning that without care, he may die, if there is indeed a blockage. I would strongly urge you to seek veterinary emergency care right now, as waiting for tomorrow may lead to his death, or a very prolonged course of treatment compared to seeking care right now. If there is a blockage, it must be cleared via a catheter.
Expert:  Dr. Drew replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Drew