Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Good morning...I am taking care of a friend's rabbit. We noticed

Customer Question

Good morning...I am taking care of a friend's rabbit. We noticed she has one enlarged, fluid filled nipple-top left. She is a female- i really have no history on her if she is spayed or how old she is, they were not aware of her age when they adopted her about 6 years ago. We have two female rabbits which i alternate letting my rabbits and the other one get exercise outside, so they can sniff eachother through the pens. Any thoughts> Much appreciated.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:
Do you know if she was thought to be young or old when they took her on?
Does the fluid filled nipple leak any fluid or can it be expressed? If so, what color is the discharge?
Does she seem sore when the area is handled?
How is she otherwise? Any changes to her appetite, thirst, or weight?
Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, this will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the wee paper clip on the tool bar above your text box. Or if you cannot see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on an alternative site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.